U12 Core Program
The U12 Core Program is for experienced young athletes who have a strong passion for ski racing and want to compete against the best in their age group. This program is for the exceptional athlete who has decided to commit to skiing as their winter sport.
Recommended for athletes who have raced two years with our Jr Race program, or raced at an equivalent level with another club.
- 6 month season (November – April) with optional post season training in May
- Coached by USSA certified coaches
- All training plans for ratio of gate training to free-skiing and racing to training in accordance with the USSA recommendations (ATS)
- Athletes will compete in select Bolle Age-Class competitions throughout the season
- Slalom and giant slalom gate training on more advanced terrain
- Coached free-skiing in a variety of terrain conditions to ensure strong skiing fundamentals
- Regular video feedback and timing utilized in training
- Fees include coaching at Thanksgiving and Winter break camps, as well as Speed Elements camp
- Athletes are encouraged to participate in extra training through our week-night Lights on Chute sessions
- U12 athletes will be mentored by older athletes throughout the season
- All athletes in the core program are expected to have appropriate racing boots (correct flex and fit) and event specific skis for Slalom and Giant Slalom