The Work Credit program is designed to raise funds and to actively involve all parents in the overall operation of the club. Each family is assigned a set number of work credits listed below. Credit is earned by volunteering with club activities throughout the season.
Only one work credit deposit is needed per family based on the athlete with the highest work credit requirement.
To encourage participation by all members, a work credit deposit is required at the beginning of the season. Each credit you earn is applied against your deposit. Your deposit check is un-cashed only if you complete ALL YOUR WORK CREDITS BY: MAY 1, 2019. Otherwise, the check is cashed on or after May 1, 2020 and a refund for the work credits you earned is sent back to you.
Each Family is encouraged to sell 16 raffle tickets for the Banquet/Spring Raffle.
Please send your work credit check made out to EMSC dated May 1, 2020 to the address below and indicate in the memo line the name of the athlete (family) and the program (highest one if more than one child).
Please mail your check to the following address if you are going to miss Orientation.
1750-1 30th Street, #431
Boulder, CO 80301
All members who have outstanding work credit checks after Dec. 1st will not be permitted to race!
U18 Full Time- $800
U18 Part Time- $600
U16 Full Time- $800
U16 Part Time- $600
U10-U14 Full Time- $600
U10-U14 Part Time- $500
U10-U14 1-Day- $400
PG Elite Team- no credits required
Junior Race- $300
FreeStyle 1 Day - $500
FreeStyle 2 Day - $600
The Program Fee is based on the selected Program Option. It includes a $3 membership fee, for voting rights, to the Eldora Mountain Ski Club. A minimum of $250, as a nonrefundable deposit, is due upon registration.
Program Fees will only be eligible to be refunded to those who drop out of the program during the first 25% of the season. In addition, a portion of the fees will be considered to be non-refundable (the $250 deposit). Other non-refundable portions include any fees that EMSC incurs do to the athlete enrolling (RMD, USSA, Etc.). The remaining fees will be prorated for the time the athlete has participated.
Refund due to Injury
Injury refunds will be given only for season-ending injuries. For an injury refund a note from a medical doctor attesting to the season ending nature of the injury will be required.
All extra training fees (early training, dryland, race day fees, event van fees, etc.) are due no later than the start date of the event. All fees not paid by the start date will be subject to a $50 late fee.
Families with two or more participants can request a refund of $100 per additional athlete through the EMSC office. The athlete registered in the highest level program is not eligible for the discount. Discount is not given for siblings on additional training days, Lights on Chute or Van Passes.
Van Account System
The Van Account System covers transportation to and from Eldora Mountain Resort for all training sessions, including the Thanksgiving and Christmas training camps as well as away training and away races if utilized.
Work Deposit / Work Credit Information
The Work Credit program is designed to raise funds and to actively involve all parents (and racers over age 18) in the overall operation of the club. Each family is assigned a set number of work credits based on the program option chosen. Credit is earned by volunteering with club activities throughout the season.
To encourage participation by all members, a work credit deposit is required at the beginning of the season. Each credit you earn is applied against your deposit. Your deposit check is returned (un- cashed) only if you complete ALL YOUR WORK CREDITS BY May 1, 2020. Otherwise, the check is cashed after May 1st, 2020 and a refund for the work credits you earned is sent back to you.
Your work credit check may be cashed for any outstand program fees.
Each family is encouraged to sell 20 raffle tickets for the Banquet/ spring raffle.
Training during the week requires that the athlete be released early from school. Schools must be prepared in advance, and academic schedules arranged accordingly. Athletes must maintain a 3.0 average or higher to be eligible for weekday training. See Program Director for additional information.
In consideration of and as a condition of my or my child's participation in the LERT programs, I acknowledge, understand and agree as follows: (1) the Program Deposit is nonrefundable; (2) if any Financial Obligations are not met by on-snow training, then my racer will not be allowed to participate in any LERT activity until fees are paid in full; (3) I must provide my Work Credit Deposit upon registration and that this will be refunded after May 30, 2020, provided I have met all the work requirements necessary for the appropriate Program Option (please see the Work Credit Policy.)
NOTE: Full Time U16, U19 or PG: all van fees are included in your program fee.
The van fee is also included in the Lights on Chute program fee so there are no additional van charges for LOC.
Van Fee System
• Everyone wishing to use the van will need to open an
account. You may open an account by writing a check to EMSC or going to the web site www.emsc.lertprograms.com, clicking on the Athlete Sign-Ups button at the top of the page and clicking on the Deposit Money to Van Account button which will take you to pay portal. Each family only needs one account not one for each athlete.
• Every time an athlete uses the van their account would be debited for the dollar amount for the location – see below for current fee structure.
• Attendance will be taken every day for the vans. The office will collect attendance sheets from the vans on Mondays for the previous week/ weekend and update the Van Accounts spreadsheet so families know what their balance is and can add to their account when needed. The office will also send out emails to families with negative balances on Monday and they will have that week to add to their account.
• We will still be using the sign-up genius to reflect the number of athletes we have going to training, races or LOC. This also helps us know how many drivers and vans we need.
• EMSC would suggest starting your account with $250 or more if you have multiple athletes that will be utilizing the
van. If, however, you feel you will only be using the van a couple times throughout the year put less money in your account. Just note last year we had 8 days of early training at Loveland, which would be $160 in van fees before Eldora even opened. Any money left at the end of the year could be carried over to the next year or refunded. • If there is a negative balance for more than 1 week, athletes will not be able to utilize the vans until the balance is paid and there is money in their van account..
Van Fees 2019-2020 Season
Winter Park $30
Crested Butte $70
Grand Junction $75
ELDORA MOUNTAIN SKI & SNOWBOARD CLUB
2019-2020 ASSUMPTION AND ACCEPTANCE OF RISK, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
NOTICE: THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A WAIVER OF CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING OR ENGAGING IN THIS ACTIVITY.
I/We,___________________________________ and ,
(parent(s) or legal guardian) of , (a minor) (“Participant”), and Participant (collectively, the “undersigned”), in consideration of the Participant’s participation and membership in Eldora Mountain Ski Club (the “Club”) to engage in ski and/or snowboard racing competition, free skiing/snowboarding, training (both “dry land” and on snow) and all other activities, whether ski and/or snowboard related or otherwise, in connection with Participant’s participation the Club, and including specifically, without limitation, Club provided transportation to and from Eldora Mountain Resort or other ski areas in any Club vehicle or Club employee’s vehicle, and accommodations arranged by the Club in connection with such transportation to and from other ski areas (collectively, the “Activities”), understand, acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. Acknowledgment of Risks Inherent in the Activities. I/we agree with the premise that the Participant is a competitor at all times, whether practicing for competition or in competition. I/we acknowledge that I/we am/are fully aware that alpine, Nordic and freestyle skiing and snowboarding in their various forms are action sports that are HAZARDOUS and that have significant risks of serious personal injury, death or property damage. I/we further acknowledge that there are natural, mechanical, environmental and other hazardous conditions and risks that, independently or in combination with Participant’s Activities, may result in serious physical injury, death or property damage to Participant or others. I/we recognize that these risks include, without limitation, grooming and snowmaking equipment, snowmobiles, course settings, ski lift operations, and the actions or omissions or employees, volunteers or agents of the ski area or the competition. I/we acknowledge and understand that the Activities are more hazardous than regular skiing or snowboarding and that injuries are a common occurrence to those participating in the Activities. I/we expressly acknowledge that in the ordinary course of the Activities, Participant will routinely ride on chair lifts, and on other types of skier lifts, without the assistance or presence of Club personnel. I/we agree that in his or her sole judgment, Participant is capable of riding such lifts alone or with people other than Club personnel. I/we hereby give permission for Participant to ride such skier lifts alone or with people other than Club. I/we further acknowledge that Participant in voluntarily engaging in the Activities and that no representations or warranties have been made to the me/us by any agent or representative or anyone associated with the Club regarding the safety of the Activities.
Under Colorado law, a skier assumes the risk of any injury to person or property resulting from any of the inherent dangers and risks of skiing, including: changing weather conditions, existing and changing snow and weather conditions, bare spots, rocks, stumps, trees; collisions with natural objects, man-made objects, or other skiers; variation in terrain, and the failure of skiers to ski within their own abilities.
2. Assumption of Risk. I/we represent that I/we have read Section 1 and that I/we are fully aware of the risks associated with the Activities, (if Participant is a minor) I/we have discussed with Participant the risks inherent with Participant’s involvement in the Activities, and acknowledge and agree that Participant and the undersigned are solely responsible for: (a) Participant’s safety while participating in the Activities and (b) providing, utilizing and maintaining the equipment necessary for the safe enjoyment of Participant’s participation in the Activities. I/we agree that the Participant is and will always be provided an opportunity to conduct a reasonable visual inspection of the training or race venue and that the Participant will be held to assume the risk of all equipment and course conditions including but not limited to, weather and snow conditions, course construction or layout and obstacles. I/we specifically acknowledge that the Club, its coaches, volunteers, officers and directors, United States Skiing, the USSA, the U.S. Ski Team, the United States Ski Coaches Association, Eldora Mountain Resort, the individual promoters, sponsors and organizers of various racing events, the promoter clubs, the race officials, the ski areas at which races are held, and all past or present representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, attorneys, employees, agents, nominees, members, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and assigns of any person or entity named above (hereinafter collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for Participant’s safety, and that as a condition to Participant’s participation in the Activities, I/we RECOGNIZE, ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH or property damage associated with Participant’s participation in the Activities, whether such risks (including, without limitation, those risks listed in Section 1 above) are known or unknown, and regardless of whether such risks are caused by (a) the intentional acts, negligence or carelessness of the Released Parties, any other person or participant, equipment failure, or otherwise, or (b) the breach of any express or implied warranty.
3. Waiver, Release, Discharge, Agreement Not to Sue, Indemnify and Hold Harmless. The undersigned Participant, the parent(s) and/or guardian of Participant, or anybody representing Participant, on behalf of themselves, their successors, assigns, heirs, personal representatives and all persons claiming by, through or under them, hereby fully and forever RELEASE, WAIVE, RELINQUISH AND DISCHARGE the Released Parties from any and all liabilities or claims of any nature whatsoever (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees) at law or in equity, whether known or
unknown, for personal injury, death or property damage to Participant or others, and agree further to forever INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARMLESS the Released Parties from any and all loss, liability or damage, including attorneys’ fees, that the Released Parties may incur in any suit, demand, legal action or claim of any nature made by the undersigned or any representative of the undersigned, and regardless of whether such injury, death or property damage: (a) was foreseeable, (b) arises during or after Participant’s membership or participation in the Activities of the Club, (c) arises out of the actual or alleged intentional acts, negligence or carelessness on the part of the Released Parties or (d) is a result of the breach of any express or implied warranty.
4. Representations and Warranties of the Undersigned. I/we represent and warrant that:
a) Insurance: Participant currently has, and I/we agree to maintain throughout the time that Participant participates in the Activities, valid and sufficient medical and/or accident insurance. I/we understand that this is my/our sole responsibility and I/we hereby release the Released Parties from providing this coverage for Participant;
b) Physical Capability of Participant: Participant is in good health, is physically able to engage in the Activities, has no special problems with Participant’s care and I/we have left no special instructions regarding Participant that have not been listed on the medical information form at the bottom of this Agreement. Further, I/we have/has consulted a physician regarding Participant’s engagement in the Activities, and Participant’s participation has been approved by such physician;
c) Rules and Regulations; Publicity: I/we will explain to Participant the rules and regulations of the United States Ski Association and the Club, and any other rules or regulations imposed by the organizers of any particular competition or ski area at which Participant may ski, and Participant represents that he/she will accept and abide by all such rules and regulations. Further, I/we consent to and authorize the use and reproduction, for any purpose and without compensation, of all videotape recordings and photographs taken of Participant while engaging in the Activities.
5. Authorization for Medical Treatment. (for minor Participants only) I/we authorize the Released Parties and/or their authorized personnel to call for medical care for Participant or to transport Participant to a medical facility or hospital if, in the opinion of such personnel, medical attention is needed. I/we agree that upon Participant’s transport to any such medical facility or hospital, the Released Parties shall not have any further responsibility for Participant. I/we further consent to and authorize the administration and performance of all treatments and anesthetics that, in the judgment of a licensed physician, may be considered necessary, advisable, or life saving. Further, I/we agree to pay all costs associated with such medical care and related transportation provided for Participant and I/we shall indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties of and from any costs incurred therein.
6. Agreement Required as Condition of Participation. I/we understand and agree that Participant’s participation in the Activities is expressly conditioned upon the agreement by me/us to all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, and that this Agreement shall be kept in the records of the Club and shall remain in full force and effect whenever Participant is engaged in the Activities, and is not limited solely to the 2010-2020 ski and snowboard season.
7. Effect of Agreement. THE UNDERSIGNED UNDERSTANDS THAT THIS AGREEMENT, AMONG OTHER THINGS, RELEASES THE CLUB AND OTHERS FROM RESPONSIBILITY FOR PARTICIPANT’S INJURIES OR DEATH AND MAKES THE UNDERSIGNED RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURIES TO OR DEATH OF OTHERS CAUSED BY PARTICIPANT.
8. Governing Law; Binding Effect. In exchange for and in consideration of the Released Parties making the area available to Participant for participation in the Activities, I/we CONTRACTUALLY AGREE that ALL claims for injury and/or death shall be GOVERNED BY COLORADO STATE LAW and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION shall be in the District Court residing where the alleged incident occurred or in Federal Court for the State of Colorado. This Agreement shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall remain enforceable. The undersigned parent or guardian acknowledges that (a) he/she is also signing this Agreement on behalf of the minor Participant, (b) I/we will indemnify the Released Parties in the event of a suit between said minor and the released parties and (c) the minor Participant shall be bound by all of the terms of this Agreement. This Agreement shall be binding upon my/our heirs, assigns, sub contractors, distributors, next of kin, executors and personal representative.
9. Legal Guardian/ Participant Not a Minor. If Participant is under the age of 18, this Agreement is being executed by Participant’s legal guardian, I/we represent that I/we are, in fact, the legal guardian of Participant and no other person has been appointed as guardian of Participant. If Participant is over the age of 18 years old, Participant may execute this Agreement in his or her own capacity.
This Agreement has important legal consequences. Accordingly, I/we have read fully and understand the statements made above and voluntarily sign this Agreement and agree that no oral representations, warranties, statements or agreements, apart from this Agreement, have been made to me/us. Participant:
RACERS WITH ASTHMA, OR OTHER MAJOR HEALTH PROBLEMS, MUST INCLUDE A DOCTOR'S RELEASE WITH THIS MEDICAL AUTHORIZATION/INFORMATION.