Jr Race Program (ages 6-15)
The Junior Race Program serves as an “Intro to Race” program, which meets 17 Saturdays starting Dec. 7th, 2019 at Eldora Resort. Holiday camp(12/30,12/31 & 1/2) is included in program fees. 4 Competitions happen on Sundays throughout the season along with a Championship event open to all athletes. Whether your athlete is looking to become the next World Cup ski racer or just wants to be a great life long skier this is where the journey begins. Skill development focuses on Alpine Ski Racing Fundamentals practiced through free skiing, drills and gate training. Disciplines trained include Slalom, Giant Slalom, and Kombi. The Jr. Race program is limited to 160 participants, and focuses on the Youth Ski League racing calendar (YSL). “One” all mountain ski is appropriate for this program, while some athletes may have a slalom / giant slalom specific ski (not required). All athletes must have a hard ear helmet. Athletes aged 12 and above need to have a FIS rated hard ear helmet. A USSA competitors license will be needed to race(race entry fees not included in program fees). Optional Lights on Chute Training available throughout the season.
Weekend Program (Saturday & Sunday)
Designed for athletes who are considering moving from the Jr Race Program into the more competitive Age Class Program following a more Full Time athlete schedule.
- Athletes looking to consider this program MUST contact Eric Vogel email@example.com prior to registering.
- Training to include Saturday and non race Sundays from second weekend in December through Mid April.
- LOC can be added to this program to increase volume of training and gate time.
- Athletes in this program will also be offered an invitation to our May Winter Park camps.
- Competition schedule inclusive of 4 YSL races, YSL Championships, and final 2 Age Class races of the season GS Spectacular and Loveland Derby (Race entry fees not included in program fees).
- Recommended equipment: One dual event race ski, one free ski, hard ear helmet(U14 and up must be FIS certified), good fitting and proper flex 4 buckle boot.
- Optional Dryland training available for U12 and older athletes starting in August.
Sunday Only Program
This program offers Sunday training on Non-race weekends. Included in this program is the 3 day Holiday Camp. This program is designed for an athlete who is doing other sports, wants to check out ski racing as their next sport or Middle/High school athlete who wants to train more. Athletes U16 and below are able to do the Youth Ski League races during the season but are not mandatory. A USSA competitors license will be needed to race(competitors license and race fees not included in program fees).
Sunday Only Plus Lights on Chute (LOC)
This program is designed for the athlete who wants to focus more on ski racing with a progression that builds on skiing fundamentals and how to transfer those into the race arena. Small group and gate training time are at a premium in this program. LOC is Lights on Chute which is our after school night training model that gives athletes a two hour block of gate training and coaching which has produced some great breakthroughs with our Jr Race athletes.
All athletes wanting to participate in this program MUST contact Eric Vogel firstname.lastname@example.org before registering. Limited slots available in this program.
- Training to begin 2nd weekend in December with LOC starting 2nd week of January.
- Sunday training will be on all non race Sundays running through March.
- Competition schedule includes 4 races and a Championship (race fees not included in program fees.
- US Ski and Snowboard Competitors License must be purchased (not included in program fees).
- 3 Day Holiday Camp included in program fees.
- Equipment for this program to include: one pair of multi event race skis, one pair of free skis, Proper flexing, fitted 3 or 4 buckle overlap boot and full ear helmet (U14 and up must have a FIS certified race helmet).
One Night Lights on Chute
- LOC training for this group will be on Thursdays Only
Two Nights Lights on Chute
- LOC training for this group will be both Tuesday and Thursday nights
- Option to participate in the final 2 Age Class races of the season (GS Spectacular and Loveland Derby).
Training Day Times: 8:30am – 2:30pm
Age Categories(Age as of 12/31):
U16: 14 & 15 years
U14: 13 & 12 years
U12: 11 & 10 years
U10: 9 & 8 years
U8: 7 & 6 years
Sign up for Evaluations here: Click Here
Dec. 7th Evaluations – Used to form groups based off ability within age class
3-day Holiday camp 12/30, 12/31 & 1/2
Dec. 14th – First Training Day for Saturday Only and Weekend Programs
Dec. 15th – First Training Day for Sunday Only and Weekend Programs
Race Calendar – Click on Calendars then on Jr Race
*Low athlete-to-coach ratio